Monday, May 31, 2010

A nurse who needs to leave the Philippines

I really don't want to leave the Philippines.

I'm jealous of the people who can afford to live here and work. As for me, I love being a nurse. I think I was meant to be a nurse. But why must I be forced by this global and national economy to leave my homeland and work for a foreign country?

When in any lifetime is that fair?

That's why I miss my mom. She needed to work elsewhere so that we'd have a better life here in the Philippines. So far, it's only a bit better. But not enough to get us out of this financial rut. And I'm just below the average living range, imagine how life is for those who are really really poor.

I wish I wouldn't need to leave. I wish for a lot of things.

So where does that leave me now? I still need to slave over in this country while I wait for better opportunities open for me outside the country. It's sad, but that's life. You can't always have your way.

No comments: