Sunday, May 22, 2011

Faith

Isn't it weird that we have so much of it towards our church and so little (or none at all) of it for our government? Arguably, politics and greed have scared and soiled our already backward sovereign but isn't it detrimental to a state if the people no longer have faith towards it's chosen (or not) leaders?

At some points in my life, I too, have lost all hope of change for this country I call home. But the more I see how other people have lost it as well, I often stop to think of the consequences if all us did so. The crumbling of a once beautiful country, giving way to anarchy.

There is this one article that really annoyed me, by UST's official student publication "The Varsitarian" which bashed the 14 Atenean professors for supporting the RH Bill in their editorial "Dishonest, mediocre, anti-poor".

For the life of me, I cannot understand how someone could not trust the government to deliver quality Reproductive Health education yet expect them to effectively deliver anti-poverty measures. Ridiculous isn't it?

Either way, I'll let you guys decide. Read the editorial and think what you must.

No comments: